Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Haven't blogged in a WHILE...

Ok where to start. I don't know why, but it is so hard to make myself get on here and start typing. Once I start typing though, it seems like the thoughts just start pouring out. Ok, let's see...

The 18th, we had a Father's Day thing with T and Rick, Papaw and Betty, Mama and Daddy, and me and Chris. RC decided on their cruise that Jessi and I needed souvenirs so RC picked out 2 shot glasses (don't ask me why shot glasses) and they're not very nice either, but they're HEELARIOUS. One says "If you think I'm a bitch, then you should meet my sister." and the other one has two pigs "mating" and says "Makin Bac'n" and then he picked out a necklace with a red flip flop pendant on it that's so cute! ANYHOO, we had Chop Suey for supper with rice and pork chops. It was SOOO good. I absolutely love Chop Suey.

I'm 21 now... WOOT! June 20th was my birthday. I had a good birthday, too, because RC and Jessi were actually here and because Chris got me a Wii and a Wii Fit with an extra controller and nunchuck. I was like "AWESOME I LOVE YOU BLAH". RC got me a bag of snack size Snicker's and a big bag of Reese's Pieces.... and both bags are completely gone by the way. Jessi got me an ice cream "cake" from Baskin Robbins and she also got me this cool thing of paper and when you use up all the paper it's a mouse pad underneath. It's really cute. Mama and I were going to get a massage together, but we haven't yet. We'll probably do that next weekend or when we go on our trip to Mississippi. She also fixed me deer steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, purple hull peas, and biscuits... exactly what I asked for!!! Granny gave me a card and a check... Always love money because I can get what I want lol. Chris' memaw got me a Wal-Mart gift card which I already used on groceries. His parents gave me a card and his aunt and uncle gave me a card.

After our marvelous lunch with the family, Jessi, RC, Chris, and I all went to the gorge in the woods behind our house. We were going to ride the 4 wheeler out there, but there were trees in the road, so we walked down there and then played in the water. I forgot how much fun that was. Later this week Chris said he would take me back. But it was so much fun just to hang with RC and Jessi. Haven't done that in a LONG time. During all of this, Jaina was hangin' with her Meme. Next summer when she's older, we might take her out there. I can't wait til she can walk and talk!!

Throughout all of this fun, it was bittersweet at times. The anniversary of Memaw's death was 3 days before my birthday and still on everyone's mind. I still miss that sweet, loving, caring, wonderful woman every day. She was the most selfless person I've ever met. I really wish she could have been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment